Welcome to your guide on the Walmart Maintenance Technician Test.
If you’re considering a role on Walmart’s maintenance team, this article is here to provide you with the essential information you need.
We’ll delve into the details of the Walmart Maintenance Test, covering its format, scoring, valuable tips, and practice resources.
Whether you’re an experienced professional or new to the field, our insights aim to help you prepare effectively for this crucial step in your Walmart career journey.
Let’s get started on your path to becoming a Walmart maintenance technician.
What Is the Walmart Maintenance Technician Test?
The Walmart Maintenance Test is a pivotal evaluation in Walmart’s hiring process. Administered by Ramsay Corp., this 60-question test takes about an hour and assesses candidates’ proficiency in mechanical and electrical subjects, determining their suitability for maintenance roles.
What Types of Questions to Expect on the Walmart MAT Test?
On the Walmart MAT (Maintenance Assessment Test), you can anticipate questions from seven distinct test sections, each examining specific areas:
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics (7 questions): This section assesses your knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, focusing on principles, components, and troubleshooting techniques. You’ll be evaluated on your ability to work with fluid power systems.
- Welding and Rigging (7 questions): This section will test your proficiency in welding techniques and rigging procedures. Expect questions about different welding methods, safety protocols, and rigging equipment usage.
- Power Transmission, Lubrication, Mechanical Maintenance, and Shop Machines, Tools, and Equipment (12 questions): This extensive section examines your expertise in power transmission, lubrication practices, mechanical maintenance procedures, and your ability to operate various shop machines, tools, and equipment repair commonly used in maintenance tasks.
- Pumps, Piping, and Combustion (9 questions): Here, your knowledge of pumps, piping systems, and combustion processes is evaluated. Questions cover topics like pump operation, piping layout, and combustion principles.
- Motors, Control Circuits, Schematics, and Print Reading (9 questions): This section delves into your understanding of electric motors, control circuits, schematics, and the ability to interpret technical drawings and prints. Expect questions on motor types, control components, and schematic analysis.
- Digital Electronics, Power Supplies, Computers, PLC, and Test Instruments (8 questions): Your grasp of digital electronics, power supply systems, computer applications, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and the use of test instruments is tested here. You’ll need to demonstrate knowledge of electronic components and troubleshooting techniques.
- Basic AC and DC Theory, Power Distribution, and Electrical Maintenance (8 questions): This section evaluates your familiarity with fundamental AC and DC electrical theory, power distribution systems, and electrical repair concepts. Questions may cover electrical circuits, safety practices, and maintenance procedures.
These comprehensive sections collectively gauge your readiness and competence in various aspects of maintenance, ensuring you meet Walmart’s standards for their maintenance roles.
Take a Free Walmart Maintenance Practice Test (10 Sample Questions)
Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Sample Question #1
A piston-cylinder system is shown above.
The force that is exerted on the piston by the pressure that is inside the cylinder is NOT dependent on ____________.
- None of the above
Welding and Rigging
Sample Question #2
For a crane with a capacity of 25.6 tons, a self-weight of 2.4 tons, and a load of 3.75 tons, the safety factor is:
Power Transmission, Lubrication, Mechanical Maintenance and Shop Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Sample Question #3
What load, as shown in the figure below, is lifted by a force of 500 lb.?
A. 1000 lb.
B. 250 lb.
C. 500 lb.
D. None of the above
Sample Question #4
You were required to lubricate a journal bearing with an EP grease. It is likely that the bearing is subjected to:
A. High temperature
B. Low speed
C. High speed
D. Either A or B
Pumps, Piping, and Combustion
Sample Question #5
The main problem with using galvanized pipes for hydraulic equipment is:
A. Lesser head loss due to lesser friction
B. Slower flow rate
C. Contaminations and impurities
D. High cost
Sample Question #6
Which type of pipe would be most recommended to install deep beneath the ground?
A. Schedule 20
B. Schedule 40
C. Schedule 80
D. Schedule 120
Motors, Control Circuits, Schematics, and Print Reading
Sample Question #7
The purpose of the capacitor in the schematic shown is to:
A. Filter output voltage
B. Prevent instantaneous change in current
C. Rectify the AC input
D. Discharge the stored charge
Sample Question #8
In the circuit shown above, the forward button is pressed, and the motor has started running. However, it stopped immediately after it started running. The problem is most likely to be in:
A. The motor
B. The forward button
C. The reverse button
D. The load
Digital Electronics, Power Supplies, Computers, PLC, and Test Instruments
Sample Question #9
The input module of a PLC is not working. What should be the first step for troubleshooting?
A. Check the power source of the input module with a multimeter
B. Set the PLC to standby mode
C. Measure the input voltage
D. None of the above
Basic AC and DC Theory, Power Distribution, and Electrical Maintenance
Sample Question #10
In the case of a short circuit:
A. Voltage is high, resistance is low
B. Voltage is low, resistance is low
C. Voltage is high, resistance is high
D. Voltage is low, resistance is high
Get More Walmart Maintenance Practice Tests to Help You Score High
Preparing for the Walmart DC Maintenance Test with accurate practice tests is paramount for several reasons:
- Familiarity with Test Format: Practice tests mimic the actual exam format, helping you become comfortable with the types of questions, time constraints, and overall structure of the test.
- Identifying Weak Areas: By taking practice tests, you can pinpoint your areas of weakness. This allows you to focus your study efforts on specific topics or sections that need improvement.
- Time Management: Practicing with time constraints enhances your ability to manage the allotted time effectively during the test. You’ll learn to allocate time wisely to each section.
- Building Confidence: As you consistently perform well in practice tests, your confidence grows. This self-assurance can positively impact your actual test performance.
- Reducing Anxiety: Familiarity with the test environment and content can help reduce test-day anxiety, allowing you to approach the exam calmly and focused.
- Measuring Progress: Regular practice tests serve as benchmarks for your progress. You can track your scores over time and see how your knowledge and skills are improving.
For the most accurate and reliable preparation, consider using JobTestPrep’s practice tests tailored specifically for the Walmart Maintenance Test.
These practice materials are designed to mirror the actual test’s content and difficulty level, ensuring you’re well-prepared to achieve a high score.
How Is the Walmart Maintenance Technician Test Scored?
Here’s the deal: You’ll receive a score for each category, which will be compared against the qualification standard set by Ramsay Corporation. Based on these individual category scores, your overall score is calculated.
There are two possible outcomes:
- Competitive/Qualified: Congratulations, you’ve passed the test.
- Non-Competitive/Non-Qualified: Unfortunately, you didn’t make the cut this time.
But here’s the twist: even if you score “Competitive,” it doesn’t guarantee you a free pass to the next hiring stage. Walmart often selects only the cream of the crop due to high demand.
That’s why it’s important to do your best and strive to score as high as possible.
5 Tips to Help You Prepare and Ace the Test
Preparing for the Walmart Maintenance Test requires a strategic approach. Here are five unique and tailored tips to help you excel in this assessment:
- Topic Prioritization: Identify commonly tested topics and sub-topics within each section of the test. Focus your preparation on areas with higher question frequency, such as bearings or cylinders, to maximize your scores.
- Theory Matters: Don’t neglect theoretical knowledge. While practical skills are crucial, the test assesses both practical and theoretical aspects. Review theoretical concepts to ensure a well-rounded understanding.
- Full-Length Simulations: Invest in full-length test simulations. These simulations replicate the actual test’s format, time constraints, and question types. Familiarity with the test structure can be a game-changer.
- Time Management Skills: During practice tests, allocate specific time limits to each section to ensure you stay on track during the actual exam. Efficient time use can boost your overall score.
- Mental Preparation: Prior to the test, practice mindfulness and relaxation techniques to alleviate test-related stress. A calm and focused mind can help you approach the test with confidence.
What Happens After You Pass the Walmart Maintenance Assessment Test?
After passing the Walmart Maintenance Assessment Test, you’ll progress through the hiring process, which typically includes:
- In-person Interview
- Background Check
- Job Offer
- Drug Test
- Job Orientation
Walmart General Maintenance Test FAQs
Can I bring reference materials or calculators to the test?
No, you cannot bring reference materials or calculators. The test is designed to assess your knowledge and skills without external aids.
How many questions are in each section of the Walmart Maintenance Assessment?
Each section has a different number of questions, ranging from 7 to 12. In total, there are 60 questions across all sections.
Can I skip sections and return to them later during the test?
Typically, you cannot skip sections and return to them later. It’s advisable to manage your time efficiently within each section.
How long does it take to receive the results after completing the Walmart Maintenance Test?
The timeline for receiving results may vary. Walmart’s HR department will usually communicate the results and further steps in the hiring process once they are available.
Do I need to undergo drug testing as part of the hiring process?
Yes, many positions at Walmart, including maintenance technicians, may require candidates to undergo drug testing to ensure a safe work environment.
The Walmart Maintenance Tech Test is a significant hurdle in securing a role as a maintenance technician at Walmart. Understanding the test format, focusing on key topics, and utilizing accurate practice tests can boost your chances of success.
Remember that passing the test is just the first step, as the challenging hiring process at Walmart includes interviews, background checks, and more. With dedicated preparation and a commitment to mastering the essential skills, you can pave the way to a rewarding career in maintenance at Walmart.
Preparing for a different Ramsay test? Check our Free Ramsay practice test to try sample questions for all Ramsay tests.